Bridewell’s Wireless Testing is a comprehensive assessment that can be used to review vulnerabilities, risks and misconfigurations that would allow attackers to leverage a wireless solution to gain access to your network. This could be via exploiting the network on location or from external locations beyond the physical company premises.
- Remediate Common Misconfigurations - The assessment will help address common misconfigurations and exploits such as rogue access points/ spoofing; guest Wi-Fi weaknesses; WPA keys and packet injection vulnerabilities; default router setups; poor encryption algorithms; weak passwords; or zero configurations on a Wi-Fi network.
- A Valuable Component of a Wider Assessment - Completing a wireless assessment is a valuable addition within a wider penetration test.
- A Complete Range of Penetration Tests - Our assessments can test people, processes, and procedures as well as technological controls.
- Tailored Engagements for Any Goal - None of our assessments are ‘out-of-the-box’; Bridewell collaborates with every client to develop a framework that assesses specific areas of concern in line with business objectives.
- Deep Sector Experience - Bridewell has worked with clients in some of the most highly regulated and critical industries and understands the unique business challenges and risks faced by these sectors.
- Highly Accredited for Penetration Testing - Bridewell is accredited by CREST, the OSCP, Zeropoint Security CRTOs, are Tiger-certified, and possesses Certified Cyber Security Consultancy status with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
- Detailed Remediation Advice and Support - Following our engagements, our consultants will work with your in-house security team to address identified vulnerabilities and strengthen your cyber defenses.
- A Realistic Simulation of Real-Life Attacks - Bridewell’s assessments are goal-oriented and accurately simulate the tools, tactics and procedures that would be used by a real-world attacker.
Key Challenges Addressed
Wireless security can present a critical vulnerability to many organizations, yet it is one that is commonly overlooked.
Wireless networks are widely accessible and reachable from long distances, making it difficult to know with certainty where your network boundaries are and how to secure them appropriately.
Network mapping also presents a challenge to many organizations due to the scale and scope of their network, which can limit their understanding of where vulnerabilities may exist in the physical connectivity between devices.
Our data privacy specialists will work with you to review your data processing activities to ensure that all personal data is being handled in accordance with regulations.
While using the UK & EU GDPR as a benchmark, the assessment will also note all applicable nuances of global data privacy legislation applicable to your organisation. This includes other legislation and standards such as the Data Protection Act and PECR. A GDPR Gap Analysis from Bridewell can also be used as an external audit of their compliance status and act as a complement to an internal audit, if one has already been performed.
Understand the Security Posture of Your Wireless Networks
Completing an assessment helps you flag security and data vulnerabilities, isolate misconfigured or duplicated wireless networks, detect default wireless routers, and identify unauthorized or rogue access points.
Gain Real-World Insight into Attacks
Improve your incident response to an attack by understanding how an attack could take place in your network.
Clear Guidance and Remediations
Our penetration testers will guide your security team in addressing vulnerabilities and improving your organization's defensive capabilities.
Guide Future Investment
Identify whether your organization would benefit from RADIUS servers, rather than WPA/WPA2 PSK. RADIUS servers use separate login IDs and passwords for each user and handle authentication beyond the access point, making them more difficult for attackers to penetrate.
How it Works
Our wireless penetration tests consist of numerous testing procedures to identify security issues and assess your wireless infrastructure’s reliability, and how susceptible it is to potential attackers.
This begins with the identification of WiFi networks, by way of information or signal leakage and wireless fingerprinting, and pinpointing opportunities for network penetration either by evading WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) access control measures or using wireless connectivity.
Following this, our penetration testers will determine encryption weaknesses by performing encryption cracks, session hijacking or wireless sniffing. Isolating the identities and credentials of legitimate users for accessing private networks and services that would otherwise be hidden.
Once the penetration testing has been completed, you will be provided with a detailed rundown of recommended remediation. This will, in turn, give you an idea of how to improve your wireless security.
As Part of the Assessment, Bridewell Can Also Perform:
Wireless networks offer incredible flexibility for organizations, giving employees extensive access to data and systems. However, they also act as a very straightforward entry point for cyberattacks. Threats to WiFi networks are unique, and the challenges and risks can be hugely detrimental to an organization.
Wireless networks, if implemented insecurely, can grant attackers access to internal corporate resources from external locations beyond the physical company premises. There are numerous opportunities for threats to occur in wireless infrastructure.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
We’re here to help, so to speak with our team and learn more about how Bridewell can benefit your organisation, just complete the below form and one of our experts will be in touch.