Interim Head of Operations - Maternity Cover
- Internal Operations
- Hybrid Remote
- 9 months
Who are we looking for?
Bridewell has seen extensive growth over the past few years and as such we are looking for an interim Head of Operations for this maternity cover period. The Operations department has a strong people focus and so the right individual for this position is passionate about Recruitment, HR, People Operations, Internal Operations and leading a people-first department. You will have proven experience managing multiple internal teams and driving forward people operations initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Co-CEO, you will be operating at a leadership level within the organisation but often be required to get involved in granular, operational activities in order to deliver the most effective, lasting operational process improvements. One of the most exciting aspects of this role is also the ability to be involved in such a diverse set of operational activities.
The aim of the role is to ensure that all operational functions are optimised, scalable for growth, deliver the highest level of value and create an overall positive user experience for all relevant stakeholders.
This role plays an integral part of Bridewell, managing 4 Teams – Talent Acquisition, HR, People Operations and Security & Compliance. You will need to bring drive and energy to the role whilst sitting on the Leadership Group and regularly communicating with the Executive Team and key stakeholders across the business.
You will be managing in alignment with the People Strategy and driving a culture of continuous improvement. We live and breathe our Bridewell values – One Team, Do The Right Thing and Above and Beyond, and you will be reinforcing these values throughout the business.
What we’re looking for
The Head of Operations is deemed a senior role and therefore there is an expectation of having substantial experience in operational roles to include but not limited to:
- Senior responsibilities across areas such as HR, change management, operations, employee engagement and recruitment.
- Experience of working with project management software, employee engagement platforms, recruitment ATS and HRIS for data analysis.
- Team player with proven track record in excelling in fast paced environments and initiative taking.
- Operational background to define and leverage business metrics to drive the employee journey.
- Experience working within professional services environments and/or where the employees are highly skilled and require a high performing culture.
- Experience of working in high growth companies of similar scale and preferably PE backed.
- Experience of managing multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously, balancing project management with hands on delivery of activities.
- Passion for building trust and communicating effectively with a broad range of stakeholders from C-suite to day-to-day users.
- Good time management and organisational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Good communicator with exemplary written and verbal skills.
- A background working within Cyber Security or Managed Services engagements.
What’s in it for you?
Our vision is to create a safe, inclusive digital world where people and organisations can thrive. Our values of Do the Right Thing, One Team and Above and Beyond emphasises the importance of the part we play in society, and our commitment to our people and clients. Our story to-date has been phenomenal, but success doesn’t end here and as we continue to grow and scale, we want to keep the same culture, passion and commitment to high quality that has enabled us to get this far. Bridewell will provide a great career opportunity with continual development as well as the following:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Holiday – Pro-Rated
- Flexible Working (around core office hours)
- Company Pension
- Dedicated Training Budget
- Home Office Equipment (for remote working employees)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Private Healthcare (incl. Gym discounts)
- Vision Care
One of the most exciting prospects in the UK Cyber Security sector today, Bridewell is one of the fastest growing Cyber Security services businesses with a strong track record for delivering complex security projects and providing excellent customer service. Bridewell has an exciting and varied portfolio of clients across Financial Services, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Government, Critical National Infrastructure and more. Bridewell currently hold the Silver level Investors in People award.
Along with our focus on our people, we also have a big focus on sustainability and recognise the role we play in the fight against climate change. Today, Bridewell is proud to be a carbon negative business.
Location: Bridewell operates a hybrid and flexible working policy, however you will be required to travel to different sites on occasion.
Bridewell values diversity in the workplace and is a fair and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an equal and inclusive working environment, with the aim that our employees will be truly representative of all sections of society and each person feels respected and able to give their best.
Apply for this job
To apply for this role, please complete the form below and upload your resume/ CV. You'll shortly receive a confirmation email that we've received your application and one of Bridewell's Talent Acquisition team will be in touch to confirm next steps, should you be successful.
Other Roles in this Department
What's in it for you
Bridewell will provide a great career opportunity with continual development as well as the following a variety of benefits.
Here are just a few of our may benefits:
We provide a broad range of benefits to ensure our employees can access the health and wellbeing services they need. We do not have a performative work culture – if you are sick we will strongly encourage you to take time off.
In addition to your annual leave, we provide a number of additional days off for health, community and family reasons. You will also gain additional days off the longer you work at Bridewell.
We offer a variety of great benefits ranging from pension and competitive salaries to share options and travel expenses.