Bridewell’s Wireless Testing is a comprehensive assessment that can be used to review vulnerabilities, risks and misconfigurations that would allow attackers to leverage a wireless solution to gain access to your network. This could be via exploiting the network on location or from external locations beyond the physical company premises.
- Remediate Common Misconfigurations - The assessment will help address common misconfigurations and exploits such as rogue access points/ spoofing; guest Wi-Fi weaknesses; WPA keys and packet injection vulnerabilities; default router setups; poor encryption algorithms; weak passwords; or zero configurations on a Wi-Fi network.
- A Valuable Component of a Wider Assessment - Completing a wireless assessment is a valuable addition within a wider penetration test.
- A Comprehensive Array of Penetration Tests - Our pen testers assess technological controls in addition to people, processes, and procedures.
- Custom Testing for Targeted Outcomes - Every assessment Bridewell delivers is tailored around targeted objectives outlined through a collaborate process that involves key business stakeholders.
- Experience Across Sectors - Our penetration testers have experience solving business challenges within critical industries and highly regulated sectors.
- Proven Capabilities and Extensive Certifications - Our penetration testing team is accredited by the OSCP, CREST, Zeropoint Security CRTOs, possesses Certified Cyber Security Consultancy status with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), and are Tiger-certified.
- Close Support and Guidance - Following our engagements, our consultants will work with your in-house security team to address identified vulnerabilities and strengthen your cyber defences.
- Accurately Simulate Real-Life Attacks - Our assessment replicate the tools, tactics and procedures real-world attacker use in their attacks, offering true insight against specific scenarios.
Key Challenges Addressed
Wireless security can present a critical vulnerability to many organisations, yet it is one that is commonly overlooked.
Wireless networks are widely accessible and reachable from long distances, making it difficult to know with certainty where your network boundaries are and how to secure them appropriately.
Network mapping also presents a challenge to many organisations due to the scale and scope of their network, which can limit their understanding of where vulnerabilities may exist in the physical connectivity between devices.
Our data privacy specialists will work with you to review your data processing activities to ensure that all personal data is being handled in accordance with regulations.
While using the UK & EU GDPR as a benchmark, the assessment will also note all applicable nuances of global data privacy legislation applicable to your organisation. This includes other legislation and standards such as the Data Protection Act and PECR. A GDPR Gap Analysis from Bridewell can also be used as an external audit of their compliance status and act as a complement to an internal audit, if one has already been performed.
Understand the Security Posture of Your Wireless Networks
Completing an assessment helps you flag security and data vulnerabilities, isolate misconfigured or duplicated wireless networks, detect default wireless routers, and identify unauthorised or rogue access points.
Gain Real-World Insight into Attacks
Improve your incident response to an attack by understanding how an attack could take place in your network.
Clear Guidance and Remediations
Our penetration testers will guide your security team in addressing vulnerabilities and improving your organisation's defensive capabilities.
Guide Future Investment
Identify whether your organisation would benefit from RADIUS servers, rather than WPA/WPA2 PSK. RADIUS servers use separate login IDs and passwords for each user and handle authentication beyond the access point, making them more difficult for attackers to penetrate.
How it Works
Our wireless penetration tests consist of numerous testing procedures to identify security issues and assess your wireless infrastructure’s reliability, and how susceptible it is to potential attackers.
This begins with the identification of WiFi networks, by way of information or signal leakage and wireless fingerprinting, and pinpointing opportunities for network penetration either by evading WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) access control measures or using wireless connectivity.
Following this, our penetration testers will determine encryption weaknesses by performing encryption cracks, session hijacking or wireless sniffing. Isolating the identities and credentials of legitimate users for accessing private networks and services that would otherwise be hidden.
Once the penetration testing has been completed, you will be provided with a detailed rundown of recommended remediation. This will, in turn, give you an idea of how to improve your wireless security.
As Part of the Assessment, Bridewell Can Also Perform:
Wireless networks offer incredible flexibility for organisations, giving employees extensive access to data and systems. However, they also act as a very straightforward entry point for cyberattacks. Threats to WiFi networks are unique, and the challenges and risks can be hugely detrimental to an organisation.
Wireless networks, if implemented insecurely, can grant attackers access to internal corporate resources from external locations beyond the physical company premises. There are numerous opportunities for threats to occur in wireless infrastructure.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
We’re here to help, so to speak with our team and learn more about how Bridewell can benefit your organisation, just complete the below form and one of our experts will be in touch.