- 13 April 2023
- 11:00 AM
- 45 minutes
In this webinar, Chris Linnell, Principal Consultant at Bridewell, will be discussing the main changes proposed by this new bill and how it is likely to impact UK organisations’ data privacy compliance and practices.
The UK Government has recently introduced the 2nd version of the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill. The main goal of the bill is to move away from the ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach of European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and reduce the complexities of data compliance for UK businesses.
While this promises a number of benefits to UK organisations, it also opens them up to new risks. Organisations that aren’t familiar with the changes brought about by this new legislation, or fail to align with new best practices, may fall into non-compliance against new data privacy standards.
This carries with it financial and reputational risks, that can be easily avoided by understanding the main impacts of this new bill.
By watching this webinar, you can gain insight into:
- Best practice to avoid regulatory non-compliance or fines against this latest proposed legislation
- How the definition of “personal data” is likely to change
- What the new thresholds for mandatory documentation (RoPA, DPIA) are
- The proposed changes to PECR, including how organisation’s should manage and approach cookies
- The potential impact of greater divergence from the EU regarding international transfers.
Register to Watch On-Demand
Chris LinnellPrincipal Consultant Bridewell